Our LonSupport team does not monitor this forum. Check our website for additional self help, and our free and paid support options.

Photo

Database error. (Subsystem: LNS, #25)[DB #-2506]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rcmarotz

rcmarotz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:20 AM

Database error. (Subsystem: LNS, #25)[DB #-2506] Ryan Marotz rcmarotz rcmarotz@hotmail.comHi all,

I'm getting the following errors when I try to start LonMaker for Windows 3.1 SP3:
"Database error. (Subsystem: LNS, #25)[DB #-2506]"
When I click "OK" this error appears:
"The global database is not open. (Subsystem: LNS, #64)"

I am running WinXP Pro SP1. LonMaker was previously working on this machine and then one morning I started getting these errors. I uninstalled all of the Echelon software and deleted the folders and registry entries. When I reinstalled the software and I still get the errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Ryan

#2 rcmarotz

rcmarotz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:40 PM

Database error. (Subsystem: LNS, #25)[DB #-2506] Ryan Marotz rcmarotz rcmarotz@hotmail.comUpdate:

I have an update. I had originally installed LonMaker to c:\program files\LonMaker. Everytime I reinstalled LonMaker to c:\program files\LonMaker it would give me the error listed in my previous post. When I reinstalled LonMaker to c:\LonMaker it worked... for a day. The next morning I got the same error. I reinstalled LonMaker to c:\LonMaker and it worked again... for a day. The next morning the error occured. Ok, now other than LonMaker I'm not installing or uninstalling anything. As a test today, I reinstalled LonMaker and had it working. After 5 hours and a few reboots later, LonMaker is giving me the error.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Ryan

#3 rcmarotz

rcmarotz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:08 PM

Database error. (Subsystem: LNS, #25)[DB #-2506] Ryan Marotz rcmarotz rcmarotz@hotmail.comSolution:

Ok, after many hours of playing around I have figured out my problem. LonMaker needs to bind to port 6001 in order for the database to work. I had another application that also used port 6001 to do its thing. The error I was receiving from LonMaker was occuring because LonMaker was unable to bind to 6001 since it was already in use. In searching out this problem I found that LonMaker also uses port 5000.

Ryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users