Our LonSupport team does not monitor this forum. Check our website for additional self help, and our free and paid support options.

Photo

Mini EVK FTxxxx - Byte Input Problem (PINs dont work?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bort2k

Bort2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

Mini EVK FTxxxx - Byte Input Problem (PINs dont work?) Andre Tittel AT a.tittel@ennovatis.de+++Wrong Forum, please move ;).+++

Hi all,

i got the following problem with the Mini EVK and hope that you can help me:

I tryed to write a small programm which gets the values of the input pins (FT3120) on one device and sends it to the other (FT3150), which gives the value via bitshift to the gizmo... the message connection works fine, but the input pins on the first device dosnt work right. Just IO0 / IO2 / and IO7 could be changed, all other got a high or low level and cant even be grounded or anything else.... well i dont know whats the problem? got any idea? i also tried bit declarations and so on, but i cant change them..... but the Demo "MGLight" (?) which uses the IO4 as bitshift input works fine, so i dont think that theres are hardware problem?!

Thanks a lot,
André.

#2 ech-berke

ech-berke

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2255 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

Mini EVK FTxxxx - Byte Input Problem (PINs dont work?) Mike Berke ech-berke berke@echelon.com

Be sure the IO pins aren't connected to anything else if you are using them as general IO.  Disconnect the MiniGizmo board from the FT 3120 Eval Board, and be sure that the serial interface IO jumpers are disconnected.  Check the schematic for the Eval Board to be sure the IO pins aren't being used for something else.

Best,
Mike Berke
berke@echelon.com
------------------------------
Troubleshooting Guide -- "troubl2.pdf" at:
http://www.echelon.com/support/documentation/docs/

#3 Bort2k

Bort2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:19 AM

Mini EVK FTxxxx - Byte Input Problem (PINs dont work?) Andre Tittel AT a.tittel@ennovatis.deThere is nothing else connected. It's strange. I can't even pull them down, but configured as Slave_b (and the MIP hardwarepart and so on), it finnaly works ( nearly ;-) ) fine.

Don't know what i am doing false, but the important thing: PINs aren't damaged, and slave_b works :-). (except some timing problems, but that's a other probleme with the other mjuProcessor ;))

Thanks.
André

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users