Our LonSupport team does not monitor this forum. Check our website for additional self help, and our free and paid support options.

Photo

Plugins

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Plentini

Plentini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

Does anyone have any idea how to insert and activate a plugin using the ilon 100 as the RNI.

I want to put a link to a echelon plug in on a web page.

I don't see any way to do it with Vision software.

webpage > plugin > site > view or configure device (Circon / Distech or Honeywell)

Any assistance would be appricated.

Pete

#2 troggendorf

troggendorf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:29 AM

Hi Pete

If you are talking about LNS plugins, you have to insert an automatic tree (Insert/Navigation) in i.LON vision. That let's you insert/launch LNS plugins in the LNS tree.

Regards

Thorsten

#3 Plentini

Plentini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the reply and I know it's been a while but I'm still a little lost on this proceedure.

I inserted an item "Plugin" but not sure if the plugins I want to uses have to be on the Smart Server and how do I install them there and what part of the file structure should they be in.

I assume I have to link the item in the nav. tree with there perticular plugin I want to open.

I am trying to install Honeywell, Distech and Circon plugins on the Ilon.

Any assistance would be appricated.

Thanks,

Pete

#4 Plentini

Plentini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

Thanks Thorsten,

I'm having a hard time understanding the process.

Do I have to install the plugins on the Ilon before setting up in Vision?

I yes where should they be placed? 

I want to put a link to a echelon plug in on a web page.

I don't see any way to do it with Vision software.

webpage > plugin > site > view or configure device (Circon / Distech or Honeywell)

#5 troggendorf

troggendorf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

Hi Plentini

Sorry, I just got the notice of your posting, I guess it was stuck in moderation ...

The plug-ins are launched by LNS on the comptuer where LNS runs. The web interface just triggers that launch. In order for that to work, the web browser (I recommend IE for trying that out, though Firefox should also work with SmartServer 2) has to run on that same computer as well. You cannot put a link to a plug-in in i.LON Vision. That does not really make sense because plug-ins cannot be accessed via the web, you have to sit in front of the computer where they are launched. Plug-ins are very different things than web pages. The plug-in launching feature of the web pages allow you to use the web UI as a replacement for LonMaker or other network management tools. You can do almost everything from the web UI that you can do with such traditional tools. However, plug-ins are no web entities and if you want to use them, you have to follow their rules.

Yet many plug-ins do nothing else than visualize or allow changing certain data point. You can design i.LON Vision pages that cover that functionality. You can write one web page that applies to each object (e.g. functional block) of a given kind. That web-page can be made to automatically be shown if the respective objects are clicked in the auto-tree and you can place links to them. In effect you'll have to re-write the respective plug-in for the web though. And you'll probably not be able to design web pages that replace plug-ins that reprogram the respective device (some plug-ins change the cod, XIF file and program ID of their devices).

Regards

Thorsten

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users